Wednesday, September 24, 2008

JDeveloper/ADF News from Oracle OpenWorld 2008

This week I'm in San Francisco, attending Oracle OpenWorld 2008 conference.

One of the main news for me, announced on Ted Farrell keynote - Breaking Enterprise Application Platform Barriers, was a date of JDeveloper 11g production release - October 1. I already can start to play with it, Oracle provided private ACE Directors build on September 21.

Ted Farrell announced Oracle Developer Tools Strategy:


As you see, JDeveloper/ADF is Oracle's strategic tool and framework. Enterprise Pack for Eclipse is second strategic tool, designed for core Java developers.

On the same keynote, vision for Rich Enterprise Applications powered by ADF and WebCenter was defined:


In 11g, ADF becomes really rich framework, with support for WebCenter Services, View layer with JSF Core, Data Visualization, GeoMap and Data Manipulation. ADF can render View layer on different devices, in the future there will be support for iPhone as well.

I already did my session on Monday - My Session at Oracle Open World 2008 (Oracle Develop). It was attended very well, almost full room (60 people), and what is most important no errors in demo development. You can download application - OraMaps11_Session.zip, I have developed during my session:

No comments: